Distance Learning Plan – Fall 2020
Dear Innovation Warriors,
This letter regards our plans for continuing distance learning.
Distance learning for all Innovation classes will continue through the Second Marking Period (10/19/20 – 12/4/20). Instruction will remain online using our virtual platforms.
– Decision to Continue Remote Instruction 9/2020 (SPANISH)
– Decision to Continue Remote Instruction 9/2020 (FRENCH)
The following factored into our decision:
1. DOE Delayed Start – Due to the DOE’s delayed start, we do not have adequate information regarding how infection rates are controlled by NYC’s, East Harlem’s, and our school’s campus safety measures. This information will be critical to our safe successful restart.
2. Is Innovation Online Working? – After three weeks of Innovation Online, we do not have sufficient data to assess the effectiveness of online learning for the majority of our students. More time is needed to monitor student performance, attendance and collect community feedback about their experiences.
3. Fully Hybrid Schedule – More time is needed to develop a Full Hybrid Schedule that allows half of our community to function on campus at any one time. This schedule needs to account for staffing resources, student pods, period transitions, classroom usage and student interventions. The purpose is to operate robust educational experiences that minimize the spread of infection.
Through the Second Marking period, we will continue to monitor the above factors and survey the community for feedback regarding a return to the campus this Semester.
We will use all of this information to make a decision about our return to campus for Marking Period 3 (12/7/20 – 1/22/21). This decision will be made by Nov 13th or Nov 20th.
Please continue to be safe and reach out to us if we can be of any support,